Kids Full Year Info
Welcome to our Full Year class program!
My name is Tara Wilson and I am the owner and Creative Director at Pulse Studios.
I am so pleased that your child is going to be studying at Pulse for a full year, as it is my experience that kids learn best when they have consistent practice over a long period of time. I’m always amazed when I see our students in the year end show and the incredible growth that has taken place since September.
Here are a few items to take note of that will (hopefully) make life easier as we get busier and busier throughout the year:
All full year students are invited to perform at our Pulse Christmas party at St. Vladimir Ukranian Orthodox Church Dec 10, 2017 from 3:30 - 6:30 PM, and of course attend the party for free. No costumes and no stress - this is an opportunity to celebrate together and share some snippets of work and accomplishments so far. Address: 404 Meredith Rd. NE T2E 5A6
During Spring and Easter school breaks, we will be offering dance camps where students will explore all the streetdances as well as art, music and dance on film! We would like to offer our Full Year students 25% off on camp, 50% off if you bring a friend! Reserve your spot now! Registration closes March 15,2018.
All of our full year students will be performing in the PULSE Show June 14, 15 and 17 at the Leacock Theater at MRU. Costumes and Theater fees are included in the tuition and teachers will be organizing costumes for all students. Tickets to the show are not included in tuition. All full year students will be offered a ticket to the show they are not dancing in for 10$ - you can let us know as the time gets closer!
I will be coming into classrooms during parent watching week before Christmas (Dec 11-16) and hope to have a quick chat with parents with regards to the year end show and answer any questions that may have cropped up during the first half of the year.
Dress rehearsals for the show will take place in individual classes, and I will be arranging with instructors times when I can see the work they are doing and the costumes they are using during scheduled class times. In so doing, I am hoping to alleviate the stress of having everyone come on an extra day for 15 minutes just to see the pieces. Parents will not need to attend but as always I will be happy to answer any questions.
Although there are 4 performances planned, each full year class will participate in only 2 of the shows. This will hopefully give all students a chance to enjoy the performance in the audience and a chance to enjoy performing! The best of both worlds! Tickets will be $20 for adults, 15$ for kids 10 and under. All kids in the full year program will be offered a ticket to the show they are not dancing in for 10$
DATES TO REMEMBER:
· Rememberance Day , November 11, 2017
· Christmas Break, December 17, 2017 - January 4, 2018
· CLASSES RESUME, January 5, 2018
· Family Day Weekend, February 17 - 19, 2018
· Spring Break, March 19 - April 5, 2018 - COME TO CAMP!
· CLASSES RESUME, April 6, 2018
· May Long Weekend, May 19 - 21, 2018
· LAST DAY OF CLASSES, June 9
· PULSE Show, June 14, 15 and 17, 2018
THE FOLLOWING CLASSES WILL PERFORM on thursday, june 14th at 7:00 pm (call time 4:30 PM) and Sunday June 17th, at 7:00 PM (call time 5:45 PM)
· Camille’s INT/ADV HIP HOP Thursday 6:30
· Scarboro BREAKING Tuesday 4:45
· Gomo’s BREAKING Tuesday 6:30
· Michael’s BREAKING Friday 5:30
· Siah’s 8 - 12 BREAKING Saturday 1:00
· Amy’s HIP HOP Saturday 2:00
THE FOLLOWING CLASSES WILL PERFORM on friday, june 15th at 7:00 PM (call time 4:30 PM) and Sunday, June 17 at 2:00 PM (call time 12:45 PM)
· Scarboro HIP HOP Thursday 3:45
· Tara’s 6 - 7 FUNK Tuesday 4:30
· Fernando’s HIP HOP Tuesday 5:30
· Siah’s 8 - 9 BREAKING Thursday 5:30
· Siah’s 6 - 7 FUNK Saturday 10:30
· Amy’s 6 - 7FUNK Saturday 11:30
· Siah’s 6 - 7BREAKING Saturday 12:15
· Amy’s 8 - 9 HIP HOP Saturday 1:00