We have compiled a list of questions most frequently asked by our clients to help you get to know us a little better.
When does registration start? (all semesters)
Early Bird Registration will start a month and a half before every semester and Registration will continue until two weeks after the semester has started.
I have missed the registration deadline what are my options?
A. The first two to three weeks of the semester is usually a time when most students find themselves settling into their classes. Some may use this time to check out the differences in class levels and make necessary class transfers. During these weeks we will be accepting late registration dependent on class size and availability. Email us or phone in and we will do our best to find the classes that meet your needs.
B. As we do not do registration for adult classes any more, you are free to drop-in (20$ including GST) to all Adult/Teen Classes at, purchase our 10-Class pass (160$ + GST) which allows you to do ANY 10 classes and is valid for one year from the time of purchase or take advantage of our monthly unlimited pass for 89$ per month.
What is the last day to register for a class?
The last day to register for any class is the first day of that class. For example, if the first day of beginner Hip Hop falls on a Tuesday of the current semester, then we take registration all the way up until that first class on the Tuesday. If there is room in a class or you would like to change the time or level of a class, we will accept late registration for a period of time after the class has started.
Can my child drop in to try a class?
A. We strive to offer our students the best experience possible. This is especially important in classes with young dancers who benefit the most from our curriculum when they feel comfortable, safe and get to know the friends they are dancing with. We therefore do not offer the ability to drop into the classes in our children’s programs.
B. The first week of classes is Bring a Friend Week and this is a great opportunity for your child to try out a class and see if they like it!
Can I just drop in to class?
Yes! All of our Adult/Teen Classes are designed to be drop in classes!
How big are the class sizes and what’s the max amount of people in classes?
Class sizes may vary from week to week – we will run adult classes with just one person! The maximum amount we allow in an adult class is 35 people and depending on the age group 15-20 people for children’s classes.
What should I bring to class?
· Please wear INDOOR SHOES for class
· You should always bring water and comfortable dance attire – YOU be YOU! (ex. Sweat pants, tees, tanks, etc.)
· Don’t know what to wear? We have loads of Pulse gear for you! From hoodies to sweats – we have you covered!
· Forgot your water bottle? We have a concession available featuring water and Gatorade, tea and coffee as well as a variety of snacks and protein bars!
What kind of discounts do you offer? E.g. Student discount, referral, etc.
· When registering siblings into our Kids Classes and Camps, save an additional 10%.
· Receive a $25 credit when you refer a NEW friend to sign up for one of our kids classes! This offer is not valid with any other offer.
How young can I start my child in dance?
The youngest dancers at Pulse are 3 years old!
What are the age groups for kids and adults? Ex. What is the youngest age group for kids, what ages range for adult classes?
Kids Classes range from 3 to 14 years old and Teen/Adult Classes range from 13 to 60+ years old.
Is there an opportunity to view your child's classes?
Viewing Week is the last week of the semester for all for our Kid's Classes! All family, friends and fans are welcome!
I have never danced before or taken a class and have no idea about any of these dance styles you offer at the studio. Can you recommend a class?
The best way to get to know our classes is to jump right in. We often recommend a beginner Hip Hop class or Foundations class to students who have never taken class or trying street dance for the first time. Foundations is a great class to learn about the differences between Locking, Popping, Hip Hop, Breaking and House. We break down the grooves and the different techniques between all these art forms. Our beginner Hip Hop class focuses on teaching you the different grooves, feels and dances that are specific to Hip Hop. A lot of these grooves crossover into other styles - which is why we also recommend a beginner Hip Hop class to newcomers.
When I register my child in a class, do I make the account in my name since I am paying? Or in my child’s name since they are taking the class?
· Please make the account in the name of the person taking the class. When you go to register for the class of your choice, you will be directed to MindBody, the software we use to manage registration. If you or your child already have an account you can use it to register for classes at Pulse.
· If you are unable to make an account for your child, it could because you are using the same email in both accounts. In this case, you have to provide a separate email for each account.
· Signing up is simple just like you do for anything else; email, password, contact info, profile info, etc. You can create an account quickly by clicking the 'MindBody Client Login' button at the very bottom of any page on our website and registering on MindBody.
Can I do monthly payments for classes?
We accept monthly payments for all of our full year programs as well as for Beast Machine. If you would like to take advantage of this convenience, please get in touch with us via email, phone or in person and we will be happy to set it up for you!
Are there any refunds on Full Year classes?
· As per our policies (please see the bottom of each page of the website).
· A 30$ admin fee will be applied to all refunds and withdrawals.
· A full refund will only be issued two weeks before the beginning of the semester.
· Our higest priority is ensuring that your child's needs are met. If the class is not approriate for your child please contact us so that we may help solve the problem and find an appropriate class for your child.