REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
2018/2019 Class session dates as follows:
· Semester 1: September 8, 2018 - January 28, 2019
· Semester 2: January 29, 2019 - June 10, 2019
To download a PDF of our class schedule, click here. Schedule is subject to change and we do our best to keep you up to date. Look back here for the current version.
Kids Registration Fees
semester 1 & 2
$375.00 with GST
This session runs September - June for students aged 6 - 12.
This program includes a performance on December 9th, 2018 at the Pulse Christmas Party and a performance at the Pulse Year End Show in June (dates TBA).
$750.00 with GST
Dance Style History
Breaking is considered the original dance of Hip Hop. It is commonly referred to as B-Boying or B-Girling and NOT breakdance/breakdancing (commerical term) and originates from the Bronx, New York City by African and Latino youth. Elements of Breaking may be seen dating back further than the 1970s but developed as a street dance in the 70s.
This art form is commonly broken down of Top Rock, Go Downs/Entrances, Footwork, Transitions, Freezes and Power Moves. The Breaking classes focus on understanding the style and mechanics of all these elements.
Learn to Windmill, Swipe, Charlie Rock, and Chair Freeze!
· Tuesday 4:45 PM - Youth Full Year Breaking with Seb - Scarboro
· Tuesday 6:30 PM - 8-12 Full Year Beginner Breaking
· Thursday 4:30 PM - 6-7 Breaking with Siah
· Thursday 5:30 PM - 8-9 Full Year Breaking with Siah
· Friday 1:00 PM - 6-10 Beginner Breaking with Siah
· Friday 5:30 PM - Youth Full Year Open Breaking with Seb
· Saturday 12:15 PM - 6-7 Full Year Breaking with Siah
· Saturday 1:00 PM - 8-12 Full Year Open Breaking with Siah
· Saturday 2:00 PM - Youth Breaking with Seb
Dance Style History
Hip Hop was born in the Bronx in the late 1960’s, early 1970’s. There are many versions of the early history but it is generally agreed upon that the culture was in existence before the name Hip Hop was coined by Afrikaa Bambatta, one of the leaders of the Black Spades - a gang that ran the south Bronx. Afrikaa Bambata (known also as Bam) organized the ZULU NATION - based on the ideas of Peace, Love, Respect, Unity, Knowledge and Having Fun, and he tied the Zulu Nation to the emerging urban culture which he later named Hip Hop.
Even though the traditional dance of Hip Hop is breaking, this class will explore the more recent expressions of Hip Hop dance.
Learn the Hip Hop party dances of the 80′s and 90′s including the Alf, Bart Simpson, Biz Markie, and James Brown, as well choreography, across the floor, and the latest dance moves.
· Tuesday 4:30 PM - 6-7 Full Year Hip Hop with Amy
· Thursday 4:45 PM - Youth Full Year Hip Hop with Seb - Scarboro
· Thursday 6:30PM - Youth Open Hip Hop with Amy
· Thursday 6:30 PM - 10-14 Intermediate/Advance Full Year Hip Hop with Seb
· Saturday 1:00 PM - Youth Full Year Hip Hop with Amy
Dance Style History
All preschool and children Funk classes focus on developing the building blocks of understanding their bodies and how their bodies move. The movements and various Hip Hop techniques learned in these classes will develop strength, coordination, groove, musicality and self expression.Developing a strong foundation in movement and musicality will help your child build their confidence, skills and techniques as they grow in age and progress in the dance programs. All classes use age appropriate Hip Hop music as well as funk, soul, house, and R&B!
· Tuesday 11:30 AM - 4-5 Funk with Siah
· Wednesday 1:00 PM - 4-5 Funk with Siah
· Thursday 1:00 PM - 4-5 Funk with Siah
· Saturday 9:30 AM - 4-5 Funk with Siah
· Saturday 9:30 AM - 3 Year Funk with Michael
· Saturday 10:30 AM - 4-5 Funk with Amy
· Saturday 10:30 AM - 6-7 Full Year Funk Siah
· Saturday 11:30 AM - 3 Funk with Michael
· Saturday 11:30 AM - 6-7 Funk with Amy
· Saturday 12:15 PM - 4-5 Year Funk with Michael
This class will focus on self confidence where students will get loose and comfortable with the art of sound (beatbox). They will learn the three basic sounds of beatboxing hi hats (T), kick drum (phh or bff) and k snare (khh). Harmonies and rhythms come next!
· Saturday 2:00 PM - Youth Beatboxing with Eazy G
Instructor: Eazy G
· Wednesday 6:30 PM - 6-10 Breaking/Hip Hop Combo with Justin